Hearts, flowers, cards: yes, it’s a Valentine’s weekend in Charlotte
Posted on 12 Feb 2010 by Kion Sanders
flyer courtesy of Culture Initiative
Every V-day, men and women invest a lot of money in that special someone to show how much they appreciate them. Below are eight of my suggestions to help you show your appreciation in Charlotte this weekend.
- Hearts & Pin-ups: Culture Initiative will host a Valentine-themed art soiree that will intersect varying stylistic approaches to the human heart with an interactive vintage, pin-up heartthrob backdrop. This event will occur Saturday February 13, 2010 at Dharma Lounge, starting at 9 p.m. with a $10 admission.
- If you’re looking for chocolate-dipped strawberries, Kilwin’s has the solution you need.
- Paper Skyscraper has a fantastic selection of cards and gifts that are sure to put a smile on that special someone’s face.
- A “Valentine’s Day” movie premiers this weekend. Everyone is in this movie: Ashton Kutcher, Dane Cook, Jamie Foxx, Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Bradley Cooper, Eric Dane, Anne Hathaway and more.
- Suite is hosting their 8th international affair Love Me Tender, Love Me Suite this Sunday night.
- Charlotte City Carriage Tours will have horse-carriage rides available throughout the entire weekend.
- Calloway’s Baskets and Blossoms has an extensive variety of gourmet food items, fresh flowers, plants and other gift items — and they deliver!
- A nice-and-affordable restaurant to take your date to is ENSO, the Asian bistro. Great sushi. Great scenery and, most importantly, great service.
Until next time … Stay FLY Charlotte