Uptown baseball, wedding season, and the nation’s fastest growing population, on the latest 282
Posted on 2 Apr 2012 by Justin Ruckman
282 is produced weekly at WTVI, and airs each Monday at 6:30 and 11:00 PM.
- Uptown baseball: The Charlotte Knights have been trying to build a baseball stadium in uptown for years. After numerous legal hurdles and challenges, they’re planning to break ground this fall and play ball there beginning in 2014, relocating from Fort Mill. They’ve asked the City of Charlotte for $11 million to help fund it. Will uptown be a better place because of it?
- Wedding season: It’s spring and plenty of happy Charlotte couples are either planning to get married over the next couple of months, or they’re in the midst of planning their fall nuptials. How has wedding planning changed in this post-recession era? Are couples being more frugal or has the spending rebounded?
- The nation’s fastest growing population: A recent report by the U.S. Census said Charlotte had the fastest growing urban area population of at least 1 million people over the past decade (2000 to 2010). What has been the impact of this growth? Will it continue?
- Jeff Beaver (@CLTSports): Charlotte Sports Commission
- Alicia LaLone (@WeddingRowCharl): Wedding Row Charlotte
- Mary Newsom (@marynewsom): UNC Charlotte Urban Institute & the newly launched plancharlotte.org
Carlton is joined this week by the following panel:
Thanks to everyone who watched the show’s live stream today noon!