CLT Blog Online Town Hall w/ Anthony Foxx, complete recording
Posted on 28 May 2009 by Justin Ruckman
The first CLT Blog Online Town Hall was a great success, with nearly 200 unique viewers showing up for our live broadcast two Sundays ago. Above is the complete hour-long recording, with the questions we asked Foxx tagged in the timeline.
Special thanks to Dave Potts (@dave_potts on Twitter) for manning the camera, and Nathan Richie (@nathanrichie) for so graciously moderating. And thanks to everyone who submitted questions before and during the broadcast.
We look forward to doing more of these soon. Stay tuned!
Below is a complete list of the questions we asked Foxx for quick reference.
- What feedback have you received since the May 12th Eastside Mayoral Forum?
- With the future of the light rail in the air, how importatnt is it to the future of Charlotte’s transportation?
- What can we do to continue to make quality of life improvements including sidewalks, curbs, greenways, bike lanes, etc.?
- What can we do to provide low-income housing and support better than in the past?
- With 5,000+ homeless in Charlotte, how can we have better cooperation between volunteers, charities, and government organizations to assist them?
- If long term road plans require businesses and neighborhoods to turn their backs to Independence Blvd. between Eastway and Sharon Amity, how can the city help these neighborhoods move forward?
- What immediate actions would you take to address transit and land use?
- How can Charlotte continue to prosper amidst the collapse and restructuring of the banking industry?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of an urban growth boundary in Charlotte?
- How do you protect your credibility when you were advised a specific funds transfer was unethical yet you refused to vote it down?
- Would you support domestic partner benefits for city employees?
- As mayor, would you look to add another 1/2 sales tax, raise property taxes, or find ways to cut the budget and lower property taxes?
- After the NCSU Provost resigned over the hiring of Mary Easily, and after the fuss over Samara Foxx’s hiring at DSS, what steps will you take to avoid even the hint of conflict of interest?
- Should we continue with freeway plans that may be destructive to adjacent neighborhoods?
- What do you plan to do to build relationships with nearby cities, towns, and counties?
- What is one issue on which you and your opponent John Lassiter have very different views?
- Do you think CMS should lay off veteran teachers with low standard and replace them with new, young teachers from the Teach for America program?
- What should be done about the 4th Street trolley (Goldrush) line?
- Why do you think you’ll win as Mayor?
- What should we do to help those struggling because of the economic downturn; where is the most need?
- Do you feel committed to bicycle transit as an option for the working poor?