Charlotte filmmaker a finalist in the Doorpost Project
Posted on 29 Apr 2009 by James Willamor
Local filmmaker Chris Crutchfield’s latest short, FAIT, is a finalist in the Doorpost Film Project. Chris co-wrote, directed, and stars in the film. The film also features Rachel St. Gelais and Erin Fede. Both Erin and Chris also perform in regularly in Shahrazad Improv. Among those assisting Chris with the film are Blake Edwards and Stephen V. Morrison. Stephen, Erin, and Blake were invited to this year’s Sundance Film Festival after their entry ¡Perfecto! was the 2009 Project Direct winner. Voting instructions for FAIT and behind the scenes photos are below.
Voting is only open until May 1st, so vote soon. Chris has provided these directions on how to vote:
- Make a DOORPOST.COM account (or login if you already have one).
- Click here to view the short on DOORPOST.COM and vote.
- Click the “Vote Now” checkbox that appears to the left of the video.
- In order for your vote to count, you have to watch “FAIT” and four other videos. I know, I know, trust me, I know. But – the max time for a video is seven minutes so none of them are super long. Also, they are chosen at random. Yeah…
- Once you have watched the short, drag the sliders to their positions (FAIT likes its sliders to be all the way to the right for some reason, I don’t know) and cast your vote. After you have done that five times, you’re done!
This slideshow includes behind the scenes photos of the cast and crew filming at the Green across College St. from the uptown Convention Center:
photos: James Willamor; view these photos on Flickr